Whether you are exploring the value that Cloud Solutions offer or have already made the decision to move on Cloud, strategically planning the transition is extremely vital. Besides IT planning, technical deployment and proactive support, Heights can help your business:
- Evaluate your Cloud readiness by Strategic Planning of baseline inventory and develop infrastructure strategies and road map for migration
- Life & shift using tool based methodologies and change management best practices
- Build & Integrate Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to extend infrastructure and applications
- Run & Manage reduced risk using remote managed services for security, governance and live support
Geaux Group provides strategic insights into developing a Journey to Cloud Road map, specific for your business. Our Cloud experts organize focused workshops for your organization’s business goals to help build a shared understanding of Cloud platforms, the Cloud ecosystem and to identify areas where the Cloud can deliver the greatest impact.
Design for failure and nothing will fail, such goes the saying. Implementing loose coupling sets and elasticity builds reliability into your Enterprise Cloud computing architecture across the Web tier, Application tier and Database tiers. We partner with the client CTOs/CIOs to discuss their strategy on moving to Cloud.
The Cloud engineering team follows an agile model so that our clients can gain early feedback in their Cloud adoption process. Moreover, we are involved in devising migration strategies for existing applications and databases based on the migration blueprint. The Cloud support team can be leveraged to provide 24×7 support on Cloud applications on all flavors of Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
Geaux Group strives to help you get the maximum benefit from moving your business to the Cloud by asking the correct set of questions.
- What is the right Cloud environment to ensure regulatory compliances and in-house security?
- What is the right Cloud environment that helps avoid a vendor lock-in?
- Which one of the available Cloud environments is a good fit for you?
- What workload should be moved to Cloud and what should not?
- How can you measure ROI from a shift to Cloud?
Geaux Group offers portfolio analysis and Cloud strategy definition services to help you answer these key questions at the beginning of your journey towards the Cloud.
- IT portfolio inventories and evaluations
- Application segmentation services
- Infrastructure assessment and analysis
- Design assessment and analysis
- Private Cloud computing implementations
- Transition planning and sequencing
- Return on investment (ROI), total cost of ownership (TCO) and risk management assessments
- Cloud computing policy, data and governance consultation
Cloud Adaption Levels
The best practice for organizations to adopt Cloud and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Cloud computing is to follow the Cloud quick start road map. Organizations should choose the road map level that provides the maximum business value for the minimum cost and risk to themselves. The milestones in the Cloud quick start Road map are:
- Level 1: Web architecture. Adding a rich user interface, for example one by using Ajax technologies like Dojo, provides immediate customer value by enabling distributed application for any end user from their browser.
- Level 2: Self-service architecture. Adding client-side frameworks that facilitate the end- user’s ability to perform self-service customization of the application and gives the end users business flexibility while also reducing their costs for making changes to their business applications.
- Level 3: Dynamic infrastructure. Architecting an application to provide shared access to the application and database layer delivers scalability and resilience to ISVs, but this may also require significant changes to the underlying application logic. However, once an application is architected to support shared application and database multi-tenancy, hosting the application on a Cloud infrastructure can provide optimal price performance with a built-in fault tolerance.